Monday 14 November 2011

GOD is there

GOD is so great and He has a unique way of communicating with each of His children individually and according to their various needs and also their personalities. A divine way of letting them know that they are loved and ultimately (completed) taken care of by their loving Father in Heaven. He watches over you and makes sure that in times of trouble and dispair, you know that you are well-loved by Him and that everything is going to be alright. GOD is so great. I love Him. Many times in my life when I have been down my GOD has been there to rescue me. Right there by my side to whisper a comforting Word into my heart. He melts your heart and leaves you with a peace indescribable.

Once I was at university studying and doing my coursework in the library. I was really down and somehow GOD showed me this Scripture from Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." I wasn't even looking for it and it came up on the internet page I was looking at. GOD knows how to make His Word reach you at just the right time. HE knows when you are on the edge and when you need a Word of comfort to strengthen you and that is just what it did for me at that time. It lifted my spirit and placed a joy in my heart that wasn't there before I had read the Scripture verse. GOD is so great, His Word is so powerful and it provides strength, encouragement and enlightenment at the right time. (Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."  Hebrews 4:12
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Another passage of Scripture similar to Joshua 1:9 is Deuteronomy 31:6. It again speaks of the Presence of GOD being a soul calming comfort in the face of fear, trouble or confrontation (battle).
 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
No matter what you may be faced with, you are always in the Arms of GOD and His Presence is always with. No matter where you go He is always with you. (Psalms 139) There is nowhere you can go to flee from His Spirit. No height or depth can separate you from His love. No circumstance, no failure, no person, no time, in fact nothing in all of creation can separate you from the Father's love. (Romans 8:37-39)

2 Kings 6 to me speaks of 3 things:
  • the power of GOD- GOD blinded/confounded the enemy (much like He does for us today)
  • the mercy of GOD- excercise in Elisha vs 21-22
  • the love of GOD
These men who had invading the territory of Israel were shown extreme mercy. They must have been wondering what was going on. It is a very surprising thing for an enemy to treat you with mercy and even love after you have tried to attack them and infiltrate their fortress. So these men have been given a feast in place of a beheading-so to speak. They were shown kindness by Elisha, who I think had the mindset of Christ. The mercy of GOD was working in His heart when he set before them a feast. Christ Himself held on while wicked people did evil things to Him and yet He still cried out "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." He treats us like this when He gives us-deserving only condemnation- unmerited grace and all the gifts of His love. Elisha demonstrated the basic concept of undeserved mercy (sparing their enemies' lives) and unmerited grace (setting a feast before them in place of punishment).

GOD has given us all we need and more. And we should thank Him for His undeserved amazingly wonderful grace in Christ Jesus. I think I feel a song coming on.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me...

What a wonderful, kind hearted, tender loving GOD we serve. Hallelujah. Praise You Jesus Christ. Glory be to GOD in the highest.

No comments:

Post a Comment