Thursday 7 July 2011

It's time to get moving

We have a lot of work to do, but are we paying attention to that fact. GOD loves us.

What do I think of when I say the words "it time to get moving."

  1. stop procrastinating
  2. start your work
  3. nobody else is going to do what is your job to do
  4. wake up

Often when we think we don't know how to handle a situation or when we are afraid of what the outcome will be, we waste time. Often this results in three different reactions: -

inactivity:-  we do absolutely nothing and hope for the best. In our minds we think that we cannot overcome a problem so we try to ignore it and then it maginifies and it becomes bigger than it was at the start.
Thus our reaction is "I can't do this. It's bigger than me. Or it's too much for me to handle". Rather than an optimistic and faithful "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
procrastination:- we put things off, saying to ourselves "Oh I'll do that later, it's no rush" Then it never gets done.
Hoping that the answer will come to us.
dealing with the problem:-the best thing to do with any problem you have is to first bring it to GOD. The answer to the problem or the solution will come to you, by the power and the voice of the indwelling Holy Spirit. GOD's voice of comfort and ease will overshadow your doubts as well as your fear. And not only will GOD ease your troubled heart but He will also empower you to overcome your problem. To face your giants head on and not to run away from them.

 It's time to get moving people! So whatever it is that you might be putting off or are afraid to complete, just remember that you must take risks in order for progress to be made. Nobody steps outside the house and says "I don't want to step forward. I might fall. What if my legs don't work? That's it, I'm not going to go through with it." That person would never go anywhere in life, not even past there front door! That example may be a bit extreme, but that's how it can be in life when opportunities are handed to us by GOD. We question and question, and doubt and worry that it won't work out until we do nothing at all.
Don't waste chances, take the risk and trust in GOD to take you through it. You WILL succeed if you raise your expectations a bit. Have faith in GOD and you'll never be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment